Sunday, February 23, 2014

Why You Shouldn't Cut Your Hair After Baby

Hey folks. Wanna know why I haven't posted in awhile? B/c I've been in hiding.

Remember my long locks?

Well, 2 weeks ago in a moment of despair while trying to glue down the baby hair halo, I decided I was going to get it cut. I went on Pinterest and pinned all these awesome hair cuts. See?

They are super cute, right? So I go to my stylist and show her these pictures and tell her: "I need to be able to wear it curly. I need to be able to put it in a ponytail. I don't want a "mom" cut. I want something fun and modern." She said "Got it!" 

SHE LIED.

When I tell you that I paid for the horrendous cut and ran out of there like my ass was on fire, I am not kidding you. I knew I was going to start bawling and I couldn't bring myself to doing it there because then she'd want to fix it. And I didn't want her to come near me or my hair EVER AGAIN.

Wanna see the damage? I'm warning you. It ain't pretty.

Why is that scribbly heart over my face? Oh, because I had been crying like someone told me unicorns don't really exist for TWO HOURS. I may or may not have scared Serg and Sebastian with the tears. I may or may not have sobbed "I CUT OFF THE LAST FUN PART OF ME!"

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. THAT.

The next morning I woke up puffy eyed and was desperate for a solution. I tried the curling wand.

Ok, not terrible. A definite improvement. So I wore my hair like this for 2 days and burned most of my fingerprints off in the process.

Then I had to wash my hair and blow dry it myself.
Well. Now I look like I'm wearing a hair lampshade. Shall we say, "what the fuck is that", again?

Obviously, I can not wear this pyramid hair curly. AUGH. Panic starts to set in and I decide that I need to go back to my old stylist who is 40 minutes away. HE CAN SAVE ME.

And he did. For $75. His first words as he examined my butchered head: "What the fuck, Renata! Did you go to Super Cuts?!"

Still not what I originally wanted but 390482095840 times better. He told me he "did what he could around the massacre". Seriously.

Plus side? For the first time ever I think I really love my hair curly more than straight!

Lesson learned. Never cutting my hair again.


16 comments:

  1. Aww I'm sorry but it does look super cute curly now. I'm glad it got mostly fixed ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was very traumatic, lol (and even more dramatic!)

      Delete
  2. Those inspiration photos are SO cute. Just proof that Pinterest is full of LIES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should stay away from Pinterest. It's a dark, dark hole that's hard to climb out of, lol.

      Delete
  3. you look beautiful! love the haircut- your (second) stylist got it right...hahah I've been there before, too...especially now that I moved away from my stylist too. ps- looove the red lips.
    and have you been planning for Sebastian's big day? Can't wait to see what you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are so sweet! I am planning his big day... do you have Instagram? I've been posting some of the stuff on there as I complete it but I'll post here soon too.
      My name on there is @renatariru

      Delete
    2. Awesome- just found you on there!

      Delete
  4. It is terrible you had a bad hair experience, but I will say you look just as fantastic as ever! Before long, you will learn your new cut :)

    Xo-Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful, have fun for now with your curls. Your hair will grown back and you will try something new again :) Love you Mamae

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, you are SO super-cute! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and glad to have checked yours out. Would love to have you link up to a Tuesday Link and Pin party I host with 2 other bloggers - called #AllAboutYou.

    Back to the hair - it's actually not dissimilar to mine (eek, do I look like a lampshade? s&*t!), although having had a keratin treatment mine doesn't do curly anymore, but yours looks really great curly, as well as straight. It always takes a while to adjust and accept shorter hair... I may never cut mine again either, as it was as long as your previous do too! Now I just look at my daughter's waist-length hair and sigh....

    You look fab, let no-one say otherwise!
    xx

    Mama-andmore.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your hair is NOT a hair lampshade, I promise. Mine was way too heavy on the bottom and it was LOPSIDED! I did a Brazilian blowout once and loved how it tamed the frizz. I still haven't worn this new cut straight... I should probably give it a try.

      Delete
  7. Aw, I'm so sorry you went through hair hell!! I have been there and I am afraid to ever make a big hair change again because of my bad experiences. BUT, your end result looks GREAT! Honestly, you look gorgeous and I envy your ability to pull off a red lip like that. :) -Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Anyone can pull off a red lip with the right shade of red! Stop by a MAC counter and have the salesperson help you. Their lipsticks are on the pricier side but worth it for the right red. The key is to apply a nude lipliner all over your lip to keep the color from bleeding, then apply one coat. Blot. That's your "primer" or "base coat". Apply one more after that and you're set for the night!

      Delete
  8. Omgeezus you are brave, this same thing happened to me January 25, but I was too mortified to take pictures or go see mt old stylist. I got braids and will cut it when I take the braids out. It looks cute second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks good! I have debated going a bit shorter but I just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe it's the whole thing you said about "losing a part of you." So much changes when you become a mother, I guess it's the one last thing I'm hanging on to for dear life!

    ReplyDelete