Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Traditions

Growing up, my mom made Christmas a big deal at our house. We decorated the tree together, sorted and cleaned old toys we didn't play with to donate to those who were less fortunate, sat around the kitchen table to write our letters to Santa, and enjoyed an awesome Christmas Eve together.
My mother always purchased her Christmas ornament in pairs and when my sister & I moved out, we realized why. She split them up and now my sister and I have matching ornaments on our trees. My mother still big on Christmas (I counted 26 Santas decorations on year!) and I feel like it'll even get bigger with Sebastian around.

Here are our continued family holiday traditions:
- We can open 2 gifts on Christmas Eve morning. One will be a new ornament and the other will be new PJs to wear that night.
- My sister & I help my mother in the kitchen during the day. Christmas music is played loudly. We snack the entire time.
- At midnight, we open family gifts. We each take turns opening one - round robin style.
- On Christmas morning, we open "Santa" gifts and have a yummy breakfast.

The most important part for me is spending time with my family. I love laying around in our living room in our new PJs, watching movies and relaxing.

I can't wait to see what holiday traditions we'll start with Sebastian.

I'm linking up with More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express for their Holiday Style Link Up. Check them out for more Holiday Traditions!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this post so much! So many great ideas! And I'm cracking up at the Elf gifs...that movie always makes me laugh. I especially love your idea of buying duplicate ornaments and giving them to your kids...I might be stealing that! Thank you so much for sharing this post with the Holiday Linkup!
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just so fun! (which BTW, I say "gif" as "jiff" which pisses the husband off. He's always like - it's not peanut butter! haha, so now I do it just to annoy him.
    Anyway - this is great - I think I love your mom so much, and now Sebastian gets to learn and grow into his own traditions! Thanks for sharing this with us - give that little one a squeeze for me!
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete