Monday, September 30, 2013

We were so traumatized by JCP that we bought a camera...

I wanted 6 month pictures of Sebastian but since we're traveling lots this year (we went to Cali, going to Brazil and DR in coming months), I was hesitant to spend on a professional photographer. So when I saw a Groupon for portraits at JCPenney for $25, I jumped on it. Of course, I got Sebastian's adorable outfit ready.

I made the appointment for 2:30 which is after Sebastian's lunch and afternoon nap. What could go wrong?! Well, we got there and were told they were running an hour behind. Fine, we walked around the mall and came back after the hour had passed. Were they ready for us? NOPE. At that point, Sebastian was sleeping again. Greattt. When they finally did call us in, it was 4pm and I had to wake him. Greattt. He was not a happy camper and we were done snapping pics within 15 minutes because they were rushing and who wants pictures of a pissy baby? Then we had to WAIT SOME MORE to look at our pictures and decide which ones we wanted on our free 3 image CD. Then we waited SOME MORE for the CD to be burned. Oh, and we waited extra long for that because the chick FORGOT ABOUT US. It was such a clusterfuck that I was too shocked/horrified to flip a shit. When we finally did leave at 5:45 (yes, you read that correctly. THREE HOURS AND FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER!!!!!), Serg and I made a "wrong" turn into the Best Buy parking lot and 10 minutes later, came out with this beauty.
Sony NEX 3N - compact system camera

So much for saving some money, huh? But it takes some pretty awesome photos and I haven't learned a third of what it can do yet. Here are some of my fave shots so far.

Poor Sebastian is going to get sick of being my baby model.


4 comments:

  1. Maybe you should have splurged on those professional photos after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure we will at some point when he's more in control of when he smiles, lol.

      Delete
  2. Welp! There's a reason professionals charge they do and JCP charges 25 bucks. A wise man once said, "You get what you pay for." : /

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welp! If I had $500 to throw around every time I wanted great pics of my kid, then I wouldn't have ever tried JCP to begin with. The service was shitty, yes. But the pictures themselves weren't bad.

      Delete