Sunday, September 29, 2013

6 Month Must Haves


#1 - Graco My Ride 70 - A little over a week ago, Sebastian starting flipping a shit the second we put him in his Britax infant car seat. And the freak out would continue for the entire car ride, getting louder and more urgent and there was nothing that could calm him. If Serg was driving, I would get in the back with him and if I were driving alone, sometimes I'd cry along with him. I spoke to a couple of moms who suggested switching him to a convertible car seat. I immediately went out and purchased the Graco My Ride 70 which allows him to ride rear-facing until he reaches 40 lbs and forward-facing until he's 70 lbs. Because the seat puts him up higher, Sebastian now sits happy as a clam, looking out the window and I can drive again!

#2 - Lamaze Captain Calamari - During a trip to BuyBuyBaby to pick up a baby shower gift with my mother, she handed this toy over to Sebastian to play with while we shopped. And being the spoiling grandma that she is, bought it for him. He loves the colors, the different textures, and the rattle at the bottom.

#3 - Sony NEX-3N - Serg and I had played around with the idea of getting a DSLR for awhile but couldn't commit to the price, size, and learning how to use one. After a shitastic time at JCP's Portraits (more on that later), we splurged on this compact system camera and we love it.

#4 -  IKEA Antilop Highchair - I spent hours debating which highchair to purchase and didn't really love any of them. I wanted something small, modern, and easy to clean. I also didn't want to spend $200+ on it. Well, hello there IKEA Antilop. Best.$25.Spent.Ever.

#5 - Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Crawl Around Car - Our friends Ale & J came over for dinner a couple of weeks ago and brought this adorable toy for Sebastian. Once I noticed that he was starting to sit pretty well, I brought it out and he was entertained for over 15 minutes. I was able to answer at least 5 emails. This is how I rate toys now... how many emails can I get through, lol.

#6 - Skip Hop Grand Central - While I was a fan my Skip Hop Duo, it wasn't cutting it with room for all the crap I need to carry around especially now that his diapers and clothes are bigger. What I really like about this one is all of the compartments and pockets. I'm able to keep my junk (wallet, sunglasses, iPhone, lipgloss) separate from Sebastian's stuff instead of digging to the bottom of the bag.

#7 - Fisher Price Go Baby Go! 1-2-3 Crawl Along Snail  - Tummy time is still not a fun time around here and in a state of desperation to get Sebastian more excited, I bought this toy that lights up, plays music, and wobbles around. It was enticing enough to get him to roll from back to belly (horray!) but not enough to keep him happy on his belly...

#8 - Razbaby RaZ-Berry Silicone Teether - First of all, teeth are demons. They transform your baby into unhappy, drooling, biting grumps. We can see the outline of the bottom teeth in Sebastian's swollen gums and the little nubs on this teether seem to help soothe him.


2 comments:

  1. do you not use your MbMJ diaper bag anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I switch it up from time to time but I found that the MbMJ bag had very little padding in the straps and they don't lay flat (they roll?) so I couldn't carry it very long. Do you find it hard to keep it organized?

      Delete