Sunday, April 28, 2013

Month 1 Must Haves


#1 - aden + anais muslin swaddles - These are light weight, can serve many purposes (swaddle blanket, nursing cover, sun shield, etc), and they come in beautiful prints.

#2 - Fisher Price Rock'n Play Sleeper - My good friend Sally told me this piece was a life saver when her adorable son was a baby. It's light and very portable (it folds in half). Sebastian sleeps in it comfortably and it's easy to rock him by groggily rolling over in bed in the middle of the night.

#3 - Footed Zip Up Sleepers - Let's just say that NO ONE wants to deal with baby socks or snaps at 3AM.

#4 - Aquaphor Healing Ointment - I don't like Desitin or any diaper rash creams with zinc oxide. They are so messy. Bleh.

#5 - MARC by Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon Tote - We registered for an awesome Skip Hop diaper bag for me & Serg to use together but I wanted something more stylish. This bag is light weight and fits everything I need.

#6 - Similac Strong Moms Baby Journal App for iPhone - This app is seriously awesome for keeping track of everything Sebastian does - breastfeeding, bottle feeding, diaper changes, sleeping, & growth. And it's freeeeee!

#7 - MAM Start Pacifiers for Newborns - Popping a pacifier in Sebastian's mouth will soothe him in a matter of minutes (and as soon as he's content, he pops it back out) but he's VERY picky about which ones he likes. So far, these small MAM pacifiers are the only ones he approves of.

#8 - Cloud b Gentle Giraffe Sound Machine - Giraffes are my favorite animal and this one makes 4 different types of noises that calm Sebastian's fussing. Win-win.

#9 - Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Bottles - Yes, these bottles have extra parts to wash but so far they are the ones that leak the least and they do seem to help with those pesky belly bubbles.

#10 - Fisher Price Discover 'n Grow Kick & Play Piano Gym - Although I don't think Sebastian knows that kicking his legs is what makes the piano play music, it's adorable to watch him mesmerized by this playmat. He especially likes the mirror - it makes tummy time more tolerable.

3 comments:

  1. oh that kicking piano jungle thing bella has the exact same one, she lOOVED it. he will love it once he starts kicking and really noticing the colors and things hanging! I used it a lot when i had to work on the computer just laid her there for a little bit and she was entertained LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 12, 2013

    congratulations on your little one, he's adorable. Btw, I just wanted to give you a headsup on the fisher price rocker/sleeper. One day while going through a list of recalls I was surprised to find it there. When I took the cover off mine I almost fainted, I had tons of mold on it! Let me just say, my baby's been in the crib ever since. The key is to make sure every week or so when you take the cover off for washing, you wipe off the plastic thing really good. All in all, it's a life saver. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete