Thursday, April 11, 2013

He's here...

Sebastian Lucas
March 26, 2013 - 10:50PM
8lbs 7oz - 19.5 inches

Let me begin by apologizing for taking so long to update. I can't seem to tear myself away from the delicious snuggles I've been getting from Sebastian these last two weeks. And when I do, I try to sleep, lol.

Needless to say, Serg and I are thrilled that our little man is finally here and we are loving every second of getting to know him. There are many moments where we catch ourselves staring at him in amazement and then we laugh because we have become "those" parents. To us, Sebastian is the most beautiful baby in allllll the land :)

Here's what happened:
On Monday, March 25, I had an appointment with my doctor in the morning. I had not progressed since my last appointment or my 2 false alarms. She also confirmed that he was "sunny side up" which is why I wasn't progressing as I should. I made another appointment for that Thursday so we could discuss the next steps.
That afternoon, I started having some strong contractions that were about 12-18 minutes apart. I sat on my exercise ball for the rest of the day, trying to get some relief. Around 8pm (while watching the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, lol) they got stronger and closer together - about 8 minutes. By 1am, I was out of bed and told Serg I was going to lay in the living room and for him to sleep because I thought this was it. Around 3:30 in the morning, after pretty much rolling around on the rug, getting in the tub, biting pillows, and crying, I went back upstairs to wake him up to go to the hospital. Contractions were about 4-5 minutes apart. They were SO bad that I rode to the hospital in the trunk of my company van on all fours. It was not pretty.
At the hospital, they checked me and I still had not progressed but they were a bit concerned about the baby's heart rate so they admitted me. My contractions were so intense that about 10 minutes of being in labor & delivery, I asked for an epidural. Let me tell you, those things are MAGICAL. Serg had to leave the room and when he came back he told me it seemed like I had been replaced by another person, lol.
And that was the beginning of my 17 hour labor at the hospital. The baby was not turning, my doctor decided he was going to be big, and I started to get a fever. She quickly decided not to have me push because it could cause a bigger problem if he got stuck so it all ended in a c-section and a beautiful baby boy.    
Despite my birth experience not being what I imagined, I trusted my doctor and have had a very easy recovery. Everyone at the hospital was wonderful, understanding, and helpful. I was even able to come home a day early!
So here we are, 2 weeks later, learning something new everyday. I couldn't be happier.
  

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! he's so cute! I was wondering when you would be due...our baby was born on the 29th, and I was in labor for 17 hours too...i'm glad both you and baby are healthy. hope you're getting some sleep...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!! Horray for March babies :) What's your baby's name?

      Sleep hasn't been too too bad. I just have to keep reminding myself to sleep when he sleeps and that everything else can wait.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the birth of your healthy beautiful baby boy, he is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Your family is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete