Sunday, October 21, 2012

Easy Peasy Caramel Apple Crumble


This Friday was rainy and cold out and since I was working from home, I decided to make a yummy dessert for me and Serg. We had a couple of apples in the fridge so I set off to find an easy apple crumble recipe that I could make with the stuff I already had.

Easy Caramel Apple Crumble (adapted from this recipe on "Living the Gourmet")

Ingredients
- 6 medium apples - sliced & halved
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbs. caramel sauce (I used Smuckers)
- 3 tbs. brown sugar

Directions
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Coat the sliced apples in the caramel sauce and brown sugar. Place in a buttered baking dish.
3. Sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients and work into the mixture with your hands, until it's dry and crumbly.
4. Slowly add the milk and work into the dry mixture. Top the apples with the dough.
5. Bake until golden - approximately 40-45 minutes.

The apple crumble made our house smell so delicious, we couldn't even wait for it to cool to eat it. Totally worth the burnt tongue, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment