Monday, July 30, 2012

Camouflaging My Clumsiness

V-Neck - F21, Shorts - abercrombie kids (little boys size 14), Flipflops - Havaianas, Earrings - F21

Yesterday I managed to hit my knee so hard that I woke up this morning with an egg-shaped purple bruise that was not very attractive. I tried slipping on some jeans but the bruise hurt so bad that I had to switch into comfier shorts. I've had these camo cargos foreverrrrrr and they are perfect for a casual hot day running errands and shopping. 

Speaking of which, I lucked out with some awesome finds at Forever 21 today, including this little cropped jacket. (No, I did not buy the matching skirt, lol).

I bought it in a size small which fit me perfectly in the shoulders and I can't wait to wear it this fall:
Hmm, I believe this is now jacket #29... Good lord.

I also grabbed about $30 worth of jewelry which translates to a crapton at F21. Then it was a stop at Sephora for another shot at foundation. The makeup artist suggested Clinique's new Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup for sheer to moderate coverage. 
 
Garnier's BB Cream was way too oily for my skin and I heard some great things about Clinique's foundation. I ended up with shade 14 - Vanilla, a shade lighter than my skin tone because supposedly when you have oily skin, the makeup darkens once your natural oils mix with it. Never heard of that one but I thought it was a good match. Let's see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, I might give Urban Decay's new Naked Skin a try next.

Anyone else have a hard time finding foundation?



3 comments:

  1. I definitely have a hard time with foundation. for the summer i went with benefits hello flawless powder from sephora. its a moderate coverage powder that covers blotchiness and didn't cake up with sweat or oily skin. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have oily skin in the summer so I use Mark's (Avon) Powder buff foundation. It provides good coverage while fisnishing off as a powder. www.youravon.com/kemi - Search under Mark and read the reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'll give those a try after this tube is out.

    ReplyDelete