Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Petite Fashion Challenge 16: Summer Wedding


It's time for another Petite Fashion Challenge and this time Petite on a Penny came up with the idea:
Summer Wedding--Create an outfit for a summer wedding (the dress code is up to you). For bonus points (and this is what I'll be doing!) try to make your whole outfit, head to toe, come in under $100! (Or, exclude shoes and accessories to meet the $100 mark.)
I decided to go for a more casual summer "garden" wedding look where separates would be appropriate.
 Top (dress) - F21, Skirt - Loft, Shoes - Charlotte Russe, Earrings - Henri Bendel

I bought this Loft light pink & silver skirt on super final sale with an extra 50% off. I love how girly it is and how it can be dressed up or down for different occasions. My top is actually a sequined dress I purchased at Forever21 when I was in college (worn here as a dress). Tucked into my skirt, it became a make-shift top. Usually when I go to weddings, I will pull a cocktail dress from my closet but I definitely think pulling pretty separates together can work for a casual, summer reception. What would you wear to a summer wedding?

Make sure you check out Petite on a Penny's blog to see all the other challenge participants!



7 comments:

  1. I think I want an invite to this casual garden wedding; sounds great! :)

    Lovely look, of course!

    www.petiteonapenny.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gold & Silver=phenomenal idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great casual wedding look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your casual garden wedding Ranata! I also love the mix shades of silver and gold and the up close look at the fabric of your skirt is really beautiful. You did an awesome job! :)

    www.KTRstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative, wearing a dress as a shirt! I love the skirt!

    http://glamorouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cute & casual feel of this. Both pieces can be worn for other occasions too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally rocked this challenge. The look is so fresh and cute!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete