Thursday, March 1, 2012

Oh How I Love Closet Reorganization!

Earlier this week, Sergio finished installing laminate flooring on our 2nd floor. It was a long and painful process (his poor knees and sometimes fingers) but we are both so happy with the outcome. We can barely believe that we lived with horrible painted plywood and no moldings for almost 3 years! I promise I will post pictures of all the rooms later once I finish organizing everything.

Once my closet floor was finished, Serg took one look at my old plastic drawer sets (some I've had since college, yikes!) and told me it was time to upgrade. I had to agree with him... we stopped at IKEA and picked up a 6 drawer dress and a bookcase and it definitely made a huge difference.

So here is my new & improved closet space!

I'm not LOVING the way this looks. It could be b/c I think my socks look messy. Hm, I might have to come up with another solution...

Although it isn't Carrie Bradshaw's closet, I'm thrilled with how it turned out. Everything has it's place, it's easy to find what I need, and it looks pretty! Big thanks to my awesome husband for hooking me up ;) Now... off to organize the other rooms...

10 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I had a closet this big! you did an amazing job! I use bottles in my boots too ;) have a happy friday! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, organized so well. How do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! You're "closet" is huge. I'm impressed at how creative you are with your use of space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!! I love the jewelry organization, and the way you organized that space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I love the idea of the pink placemat for easy clean up. I'm jealous of the big bright space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with that space! I'm jealous:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious what Serg doesn't like about the curtain? I was thinking of removing the doors on our closet and hanging a curtain. Your closet looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your space! I totally wish I had this in my house! Closet envy right here! I just stumbled upon your blog for the first time and I love it!

    I've just started a blog and my first post is a Pinteresting post that I just published! I'd love if you would be willing to take a look! I'm looking for some new followers! I totally love your site!!

    http://beyondthegradebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. its so nice in there I say ditch the curtain and keep it open! LOVE the closet I am super jealous of it :)

    ReplyDelete