Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sequin Shorts Restyled

I had been on a hunt for sequin shorts since before NYE all thanks to Pinterest and awesome style bloggers wearing things like this:

I finally came across a pair I thought I could pull off at Lord & Taylor for 60% off and didn't think twice about purchasing them. I mean, even if I looked like a fool wearing them, I'd only be $18 in the hole.
Jessica Simpson Sequin Shorts

I wore them to a girls' night out in Atlantic City a couple weekends ago. If there's anywhere you can wear sequin shorts without getting side-eyed, it's AC. I kept it simple with a white tank and a boyfriend blazer.

Last night, Serg & I went out in NYC to celebrate a friend's birthday and I felt like giving my sequin shorts another try. This time I may have channeled Liza Minnelli with a black sweater over a white button down.
Fifi was in the mood to get photographed.

I'm glad I didn't knock sequin shorts as a trend I couldn't try (although I'll probably never wear them without black tights). It's a fun alternative to a skirt, dress, or black skinnies for our random nights out. What do you think?



2 comments:

  1. I love how you styled them, both times! Super cute, and definitely not too over the top (but while still fabulous).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's hard not to go over the top with sequins, lol.

    ReplyDelete