Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Petite Fashion Challenge 13 - Stylish for Under 100 Dollars


I'm participating for the 2nd time in the Petite Fashion Challenge and this time Really Petite came up with the task:
Stylish for under $100: Put together a professional outfit (excluding shoes and accessories) for under $100.

Easy peasy considering I pretty much NEVER buy anything that's not on sale or without a coupon!

I love the color of this skirt from Target but it was about 6 inches too long. Since I didn't spend too much on it, I was courageous and hemmed it myself. It made a huge difference and I think it'll be a staple in my wardrobe from now on. I might even go back and get the "Inca Red" one that is a beautiful watermelon-y color.

I've gotten so much wear out of this H&M blazer (here, here, and here), that I don't feel guilty paying full price for it (*gasp* $34.95! lol). I even bought it in gray :)

 When in doubt, leopard print pumps always adds fun to an outfit!!

Make sure to pop over at Really Petite's blog to see what all the fashionable petites are wearing!

18 comments:

  1. How funny, as I am typing on your blog, I got a message from you! :)

    Your outfit is classy and chic at the same time! The blue adds a pop of color and of course the shoes is a lot of fun...not to mentio the awesome price! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great work outfit! :) I especially like the skirt and belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 the blue skirt!! Great work outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i just love the blue color on the skirt. so vivid!

    -Gita
    www.mimiandchichi.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Renata! The skirt is a lovely color and love your leopard shoes too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that cobalt skirt!!! Great job on keeping the entire look including shoes under $100!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cobalt skirt too :) been hunting for one :) Love the leopard heels too!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love cobalt and leopard! i did an outfit post w/ that too recently!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely, professional look--it looks like it should have cost much more than $100! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the challenge! Like you I try to buy everything on sale or with coupons.

    I love the skirt. I've been looking for an inexpensive bright skirt to add to my wardrobe. Did you get it recently?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your look! It is so stylish but work appropriate. I need to find a way to edit my photos with curvy arrows and fun type for the PFC pics like you did here.


    A Preponderance of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! This is beautiful and very chic! (and even a little sexy!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous outfit, I love how chic and simple it is and the blue skirt is beautiful!

    My 2nd time joining PFC and I still love seeing everyone's outfit. Please check out my outfit too if you have the time, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit. The shoes are awesome and so is the skirt!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG..I love that royal blue skirt. Can't believe it's from Target. Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blue skirt, super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the blue skirt. I can't believe it is from Target. Great job on your second PFC.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone!

    The skirt is a recent purchase and I linked it in the post.

    @FashionBlawger - I use Powerpoint and save the slide as a jpeg :)

    ReplyDelete