Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIY Monthly Onesies


How cute is that clothesline of tiny little onesies? Since they took up a whole wall, the room instantly looked ready for the baby shower AND it was super easy to put together. I searched around for some onesie "stickers" and found tons of tutorials that required fabric and fusing... no thanks. I also found tons of Etsy shops that sold the iron ons... no thanks again. I figured it was easy enough to make myself so I picked up Avery Iron Transfers from Staples and designed a simple alternating pink scheme on Powerpoint. Make sure you print out the mirror image! And cut access paper.

Since onesies generally come in packs of three, I bought 1 set of each size: 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, and 9-12 months. (I got long sleeves for the appropriate colder months!) Wash and dry with gentle detergent.

Pre-iron the onesie before putting the iron-on down.

Follow the directions on the iron-on packaging... Don't use an ironing board. I put a pillowcase down on the floor because it was easier to apply some weight to the iron that way. Smooth strokes for about 20 seconds.

Wait for the sticker to completely cool before peeling. A) your finger tips will thank you and B) it will peel off correctly.

Repeat. TWELVE times. Make sure you have something fun on TV to watch ;)

In case you're wondering how I hung the onesies up without ruining my awesome dark gray wall, I used these teeny tiny Command Damage-Free Hanging Decorating Clips. BEST INVENTION EVER.

6 comments:

  1. What a great baby gift idea - perfect for pictures!! I am defenitely going to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! Great job!

    I would love it if you would link this up at Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL!

    http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2012/02/feature-friday-free-for-all-6-little.html

    Hope to see you soon!

    P.S. I'm a new follower. : )

    ~Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! That is a super great idea! I wish i knew before! :( But hey for my next baby! Thanks for sharing..

    Found you on TT&J. I'd love for you to come by and link this and any other project you have at my linky party called "create & inspire"

    http://www.littleinspiration.com/2012/02/create-inspire-party-winner.html

    Angie form A little Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute idea! Would love it if you came by and linked up to my Manic Monday Linky Party!
    -Melissa
    http://serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natasha CarterApril 26, 2012

    Can you elaborate a little more on how you made them in powerpoint?? How big? That kind of thing....I can't seem to make it work....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, could you make a tutorial please!! :-) Yours are so nice!!

      Delete