Thursday, January 19, 2012

What do you do when you can't sleep? I make wreaths.


I haven't been sleeping very well lately and despite my attempts with Sleepy Time tea or deep breathing before bed, I've been restless for the past 2 weeks. Yesterday at 11:45pm I decided to make a Valentine's Day wreath with some left over clearance yarn (I went through a crocheting phase, don't judge!), Target $1 Spot scrapbooking paper, and a 9in. styrofoam ring.


The project took about 30 minutes to complete. The most annoying part was wrapping the foam ring with the yarn. I swear, if you ever need to get yourself to sleep, give this a shot, lol. After that was done, I cut 4 different sized hearts on 3 patterned sheets with Sure Cuts A Lot & my Cricut and folded them to give the 3D effect. Then I used craft glue to attach the hearts to the yarn. Done and kinda sleepy.


Maybe I should give counting sheep a try next time...

P.S. I linked up at Tatertots and Jello and Pocket Full of Pink!





8 comments:

  1. love it! i just started following your blog since i saw an old post of yours on the knot. i have to say i love it, i'm also petite, so i'm getting a lot of tips from you. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! There's an awesome petite blogger community you can find at Alterations Needed. It's so hard to find clothes that fit right but these ladies are great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute! I love the yarn you used and the hearts are adorable!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hearts! So fun!

    If you're interested, we're hosting our first ever link up party. Please stop by and link up! http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/01/wayward-weekend-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out great! Good job. I hope you will link up to my I Heart Projects Party!
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI there. I love this wreath so much that I put a link back to it on my post today!

    Kim www.plumberrypie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete