Monday, November 14, 2011

I'm the proud wife of a TOUGH & MUDDY husband :)

Yesterday Serg competed in the Tri-State's Tough Mudder in Englishtown, NJ. 12 miles and 32 obstacles of craziness. What kind of craziness you ask? Well, throwing yourself into an ice bath, hanging upside over a murky pond, running through a fire tunnel, crawling through an underground mud pit, and the final obstacle was getting electrocuted. Yes, you read that right, Serg & thousands of other insane people ran through live, electric wires right before crossing the finish line & receiving their celebratory beer. Anyone else thinking, "No thanks!"?

Serg signed up for this event at 5:30am while I was asleep and I only came to find out hours later when I saw his Facebook update. I immediately yelled, "What the hell did you just get yourself into?!" He  said he wanted to challenge himself and see if he could finish. And he did! I was so proud of him as I watched him go through the obstacles and every once in a while I felt a little bad as he shivered or grunted or looked like he was going to pass out. But he held on, kept going, and finished in 3.5 hours. Way to go Sergio!



Serg, I'm so proud to be your wife!

1 comment:

  1. My boss did this as well, this past weekend. What a small world! Congrats to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete