Thursday, September 22, 2011

Top Ten Favorite Beauty Products

I made a quick run to Target yesterday for some essentials... and walked out with 3 different beauty products. Needless to say, I'm a bit of a product junkie. It got me thinking about what I would do if I couldn't have all of the products in my make-up drawers (um, I have 3 of them) & my hair supply arsenal (it takes a lot to tame this frizz!). Here are my top ten:

1. Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Peach Satin
I'm not very good at applying blush & I have tried all different types to see if I can get a "natural" pink flush without ever really nailing it. After Sydney from The Daybook posted on How Does She about achieving a fresh-faced look & used this mousse blush, I decided to give it a try. Seriously, easiest blush to apply EVER. And it's cheap! Thanks Syd!

2. Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara
I've never been complimented more on my eyelashes than when I'm wearing this mascara. It really lengthens & defines without creating a spiderleg effect. The wand is easy to use for both top & bottom lashes. I wouldn't recommend the waterproof version though; it flakes & makes my eyes burn.

3. Urban Decay Naked Palette
This is one of the more expensive palettes I have ever purchased ($48) but it was worth every penny. All the colors work really well with my skin tone & when I'm traveling, I don't need to pack anything else. I have created both day & night time looks with this palette & there are tons of video tutorials on YouTube.

4. OPI Drip Dry

This is a miracle product. Seriously. I am the WORST at waiting for my nails to dry after a manicure (Serg said something about me being impatient? lol). And it is pretty upsetting to smudge your pretty, fresh manicure 10 minutes after paying for it. My friend Sally gave me my first bottle of OPI Drip Dry & I have never ruined a mani since. All you have to do is wait about a minute, drop the solution on your nails, & you are good to go. I have even stuck my hand in my purse to grab my phone & nothing happened to my polish. Amaze-balls.

5. Dermalogica C-12 Concentrate
A while back I was having some trouble with my skin & had a lot of dark spots on my chin. My dermatologist had suggested using Aveeno's Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer to even out my skin tone but it just wasn't cutting it. I had seen a blurb on Dermalogica's skin brightening product in Brides magazine & asked my amazing friend Catherine who does their PR. Within a couple of weeks my skin looked brighter and the spots were non-existent. Btw, all their other products are fantastic as well, check them out: Dermalogica


6. Philosophy On a Clear Day Spot Treatment
I never knew how sensitive my skin is until I hit an awful phase of adult on-set acne. My dermatologist had me try all different concoctions of creams & washes, only to have my skin get super dry & peel off & I stained a ton of towels & pillowcases (apparently benzyol peroxide does this). I read somewhere that people with really sensitive skin can use sulfur-based products without irritation. They were right. I apply a dot of this on my occasional blemish & it shrinks it within 2 days. Yippee!

7. Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray
Spending over 30 minutes on straightening my curly hair every 2 days is NO fun. The fact that this spray can stretch that to 3 days makes my life easier & me happier. Win-win.

8. John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo & Conditioner
I use a lot of heat on my hair so this product is a savior. Tames frizz, adds volume, & repairs damage. And there are always coupons for it in the circular, lol.

9. Aussie Instant Freeze Hairspray
This is Snookie's hairspray of choice. 'Nuff said.

10. Water
Besides the obvious uses like washing make-up off my face & hairspray out of my hair, nothing makes my skin look better than staying hydrated. I have made it a point this last month to ONLY drink water (ok, & the occasional cup of coffee if I'm up before 7) and my skin has really cleared. This stuff is genius ;)

What are your favorite beauty products?


No comments:

Post a Comment