Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our Well Wish Cards & Guestbook

Yep, another wedding post... and there will be more where this one came from ;) Serg and I really wanted certain details of our wedding to be unique and personal. It hasn't been too difficult to think of things with such awesome wedding blogs like Style Me Pretty and our wedding planner Pure Ambiance. When Kisha presented our wedding design, the guest book suggestions included a really cool thumbprint tree that I immediately turned down because I was worried about 14 children under the age of 12 running around with ink-y fingers. But I loved the idea so much that I decided to threaten those 14 children with a pair of scissors to cut their fingers off if any ink got on my wedding dress. I'm kidding! (am I?) ;)

We asked Serg's uncle who is an amazing artist to draw a tree for us. As a guide, I sent him a picture of this tree:
Picture from Etsy Shop: Blue de Toi

Since the tree only leaves (bahaha) room for people to sign their names, I decided I would add some "well wish" cards for people to leave us little notes. I absolutely fell in love with cards I saw in Martha Stewart's Wedding magazine. So here is my take on them for our wedding:

All I did was add a little flourish to a Powerpoint slide, throw on the "Freebooter Script" font & ta-da! I'm getting them printed on matte postcards by Vistaprint (for freeeeeeeeeee). I can't wait to see how they look in person! What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. Love them, Renata! So personal and beautiful. I just hope there's a way to wash the ink off fingers right away at the guestbook table! ;)

    ReplyDelete