Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sneak peek: Wedding Directional Signs

I can not believe our wedding is only 5 months away! I recently put together a list of DIY projects I need to complete & have started chipping away. I always read that if you are DIYing for your wedding, you should start sooner than later, because the closer you get to your wedding date, the crazier it is. I can only imagine!

One of the items on my list was a directional sign, which our wedding planner Kisha from Pure Ambiance Events had added to our wedding design presentation. I did some searching online (especially Etsy) and came across a store which sold adorable signs like this one:
Cute right?! The price tag though... NOT so cute. $90.50 is not an amount I'm willing to spend on something I knew I could make very easily.
I painted the three pieces of wood with acrylic paint (only 2 coats for a more rustic look), sealed it with a little Mod Podge, then cut the letters out of vinyl with my Cricut & SCAL. I still have to spray paint the wooden stake but I think it's heading in a great direction (Get it? Direction? hehe) Not to mention, my total cost was: $12!

3 comments:

  1. omg I loveeee it! You can do mine, well for my awesome 30th bday. Eat, drink, botox. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!!! What a fantastic job :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 06, 2012

    These look great...where did you get the wood arrows?

    ReplyDelete