Thursday, May 5, 2011

16/50: The Book Thief

In honor of Holocaust Remembrance Day (May 1st), I read Markus Zusak's The Book Thief. I had this book on my shelf for a long time and but was never ready for such a heavy read. I had to drive about 2 hours away recently so I downloaded the audiobook & fell in love with the narrator's voice. I don't think anyone should wait to read this book. It is AMAZING. I got sucked into the characters and even though the book is set in Nazi Germany, the story warms your heart. I stayed up until 1:30AM to finish this book & even though I'm a little sleepy this morning, I don't regret it! This is the first book I read this year that deserves 5 stars. READ IT!

1 comment:

  1. I started this, but couldn't get through it. I love when I find a stay-up-all-night books though!

    ReplyDelete