Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tucking In Makes a Difference - 30for30 #19

Being petite in the corporate workforce is a lot tougher than one thinks. Almost my whole wardrobe has to be a petite size or it'll have to get tailored. Lucky for me, I haven't had much difficulty finding 2Ps in work clothes at Ann Taylor, Loft, & Banana Republic, but sometimes I'm forced to get regular sizes & make them work for me.

Today I tried something new that made a huge difference. I follow a couple of petite fashion bloggers and today Extra Petite posted about one of her favorite ways to wear a cardigan: tucked into her skirt, making it look Prim & Proper. I NEVER tucked in a sweater or cardigan & at first I didn't think the look would work for me. The black cardigan I chose for my 30for30 remix is on the longer side (I like when it covers my butt in skinny jeans) but it didn't look so great with my pencil skirt:

It actually looks pretty awful to me (don't mind Fifi's butt, lol); my legs look shorter & my waist doesn't look very defined... So I did the unthinkable and tucked in the cardigan... then I added a belt to break up the different blacks. Viola! Don't you think it makes a big difference?

Cardigan: F21, Top: Loft, Skirt: Ann Taylor, Tights: Express, Shoes: UrbanOg, Belt: Aldo, Watch: Coach

Although this challenge has been a little difficult, I am loving how many new things I've tried & will continue to incorporate into my wardrobe. So if you haven't tried something new yet, give it a shot! You might like what you see :)


6 comments:

  1. I think the cardi tuck looks amazing on you. I wish I could pull this off, but although I'm petite, I'd have to find the right top and skirt to keep me from looking lumpy instead of curvy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! pups always manage to get that side of themselves in the pictures!

    ah, this definitely looks amazing when tucked in! i love the black and yellow combo (and the ruffle!) - you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been afraid to tuck tops into pencil skirts, but I think I have to try it now! Such a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made such a difference! Lookin good:)

    ❤ Katherine at sparklefarklediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a difference! You went from looking like a rectangle to an hourglass. You are so cute. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm planning on it.

    BTW, I'm a fairly new follower. I'm so happy to find a curvy petite like me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Le-Ann! I wish there were more curvy petite bloggers out there, maybe you should start a blog too :)

    ReplyDelete