Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sloppy Firsts: 6/50

Ok, so I think I know what my reading problem is right now... I've been picking books that fit into categories for The Nest Book Club Winter Challenge & not really books that I want to read or typically enjoy.

Such is the case with Megan McCafferty's Sloppy Firsts, the first book in the Jessica Darling series, which fits in perfectly with the "read a book you heard about first at the Nest Book Club" for 15 points but not so much with the type of book I like to read.


I'm going to give this one a C+. It definitely is not as bad as Sophie Kinsella's Undomestic Goddess (which I would give a D-). I did finish it rather quickly... & I kind of want to skim the rest of the series to find out what happens with Jessica Darling. But first, I think I'm going to drop out of the seasonal book challenge and focus on reading books for sheer pleasure & not points...

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Have you read any Marian Keyes books? I recently started and have read 3 in a row. They're what I consider "grown up" chic lit. The other side of the story was pretty good if you liked Something Blue & Something Borrowed by Emily Griffith. And I agree w/ you on the reading for pleasure, points are pointless (heehee) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You commented on my blog a while back about the 30 for 30...I didn't end up signing up on time (maybe that was a subconscious decision!) But I have been loving watching you go through it! Love all of yours outfits, but my absolute favs are 3, 5, 12 and 14th!

    Anyway, back to the my comment on this actual post...The Nest Book Club books are kind of hard to get into! I have checked them out, they are somewhat intimidating, and not always books I would want to read. I wish there was different book club options on there for book type or something!

    ReplyDelete